Low-Carb and Keto followers can still enjoy a delicious treat with the Best Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe!
Tasting is believing when it comes to the best Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe! If you would have asked me a few months ago about putting an avocado or two into anything chocolate flavored, I might have looked at you like you were nuts. When you think about the creamy plain flavor of avocados though, they are a natural choice to create a Lucious base for a healthy version of decadent chocolate pudding.
Keto Chocolate Pudding
There are a lot of people eating low-carb or KETO and this Avocado Chocolate Pudding is the perfect treat for them! The Avocado gives the perfect texture to this chocolatey dessert. Add some sweetener to taste; ie Liquid Stevia Extract if Keto or Honey if Paleo.
You can even top with some shredded coconut or chopped nuts for added texture and flavor. This is perfect for KETO.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
This Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe is also great if you are vegan. There is no milk, so it is perfect! The avocado does all the heavy lifting. Not doing low carb? Use any kind of sweetener you choose. Coconut sugar gives a super flavor!
Avocado Chocolate Pudding Tips
- You do need to make sure that the avocado is perfectly ripe. An under-ripe avocado won’t work, because it won’t be able to be blended down into a creamy consistency, and an overripe avocado also won’t work, because it won’t taste good.
- Add more cocoa or sweetener to taste. Everyone's taste buds are different. Make this pudding to suit you.
- Don't make too much! While this pudding is delicious, it doesn't store very well in the fridge or freezer for a long period of time. It is best to make small batches.
The Best Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and set to puree until mixture is a smooth consistency and combined. Taste and adjust sweetener if desired.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape out all pudding from food processor and transfer to a large bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to eat.
- Pudding does firm up quite a bit once chilled in the fridge. Leaving it out for a few minutes before consuming will allow it to soften.
- Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries (or any berries), dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, etc. if desired.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Keto Recipes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.