This chicken recipe is simple, delicious, and packs some amazing anti-inflammatory benefits! Try this yummy Lemon Turmeric Skillet Chicken Recipe.
I love simple recipes! One pan, under 30 minutes, crockpot, one bowl; you know the ones. The recipes that make clean up a breeze and life easy! This Lemon Turmeric Skillet Chicken is one of those recipes that is so packed with flavor, easy to make, and a breeze to clean up. The fact that you make this with whole, healthful ingredients is a bonus that makes this dish a must make!
Turmeric is known for its yellow color and its flavor, but that isn't all it has to offer! It has some fantastic anti-inflammatory properties and other benefits that make Turmeric a must in your kitchen. The main compound in Turmeric is curcumin. It is scientifically proven to be an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, improves brain function, lowers risk of heart disease, and the list goes on. Long story short, turmeric is incredible to cook with and good for you!
Other Cuts of Chicken
This recipe calls for regular old chicken thighs with the skin and the bone in. Not only are they affordable but the flavor you gain from using bone-in chicken is worth the extra cooking time. The skin also helps hold the moisture in the chicken and adds a crisp exterior that is delicious.
I have however made this in the past with other cuts of chicken with no problem. The cooking times would need to be adjusted depending on the size of the pieces. Use a meat thermometer to determine the correct doneness of your chicken before serving.
Lemon Turmeric Skillet Chicken Serving Suggestions
This Lemon Turmeric Skillet Chicken is a delicious dish on its own, but the sides can make a meal great! This chicken is tasty over a bed of greens if you are looking to eat healthily. It is also fantastic with rice or garlic roasted potatoes. This Disappearing Corn and Zucchini would also be a great side dish for this recipe!
Lemon Turmeric Skillet Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- Olive Oil or cooking spray
- parsley fresh, for garnish
- 1 tsp turmeric
- tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a small bowl, mix up your spices. Season each chicken thigh on both sides. Gently lift the skin and rub underneath as well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Allow the skillet to get hot by waiting for about 5 minutes before adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the chicken thighs in the skillet, top down. Allow the chicken to cook for about 4 minutes without touching. Flip and cook for 4 minutes on the other side as well.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a plate.
- Pour one cup of chicken broth in the hot skillet to deglaze the pan. use a wooden spoon to scrape off any brown bits.
- Add minced garlic and the juice of 1 lemon to the pan and stir.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and place the skillet in the preheated oven for 35 minutes to finish the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes
- Garnish with parsley and serve.