Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese Recipe
Looking for an impressive holiday appetizer for that dinner party? This simple and delicious Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese Recipe will wow any crowd!
So in my opinion there are a few categories of holiday appetizers. There are the tried and true classics like those little BBQ Sausages in a crockpot. There are the little decorative ones where someone spent way too much time cutting a cucumber to look like a Christmas tree. Then, there are those fancy appetizers that make you feel like you must be in a 5 star restaurant, but really they are super simple. That is the category these decadent Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese fall into; fancy, simple, and amazing!
You know the bank isn’t being broken when everything pictured was bought at Aldi. That store is the best thing that ever happened to me and my budget. If you have one close by, and you have never been…RUN! You must check them out!
Take a sharp knife to cut down the center of the dates to remove the pit, and then fill that pit with a little bit of goat cheese.
It’s time to bring home the bacon. Wrap those dates up and secure the bacon with a toothpick. Place them on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes. This crisps up the bacon, melts the cheese, and marries these flavors together with a bang.
That is seriously all it takes to have this tasty appetizer on your holiday table. I told you; fancy, simple, and decadent. The sweetness of the date pared with the saltiness of the bacon, and the creaminess of the cheese is just a win all the way around.
Bacon Wrapped Dates w/Goat CheesePrint Recipe
- 8 slices bacon sliced in half
- 16 dates
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dates open lengthwise to remove the pit and also create a pocket.
- Stuff goat cheese into the pocket of each date.
- Wrap each date with a half slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick through the top.
- Place bacon wrapped dates on a rimmed bacon sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and place dates on their side before baking for for another 6-7 minutes. Continue this process until all sides are browned and crisped to your liking.
- Once baking is completed, place dates on the prepared plate and allow some of the excess grease to absorb into the paper towels. Serve warm.
More holiday appetizers aren’t hard to find. Check out all of the appetizer recipes here on A Few Shortcuts!