Red Nosed Reindeer Cookies
Today was a day that was spent with my kids. We played games, watched movies, and I hugged them a little closer than usual. Today a tragedy occurred that really weighed heavy on my heart. Today made me stop and really think about my life, my priorities, and how much I truly love my family. So our weekend treat meant a little more today as the kids and I spent our evening in the kitchen creating these Red Nosed Reindeer Cookies. Every weekend we get in the kitchen and create but today there were a few more giggles, a lot more fun, and 3 chocolate covered faces….ok, maybe 4. 😉
Christmas is around the corner and we are a cookie baking bunch. These Red Nosed Reindeer Cookies are so much fun for the kids because the just use a basic sugar cookie recipe and the rest is all the kids doing. They love adding the pretzels, chocolate chips, and M&Ms to transform these cookies. If you have little ones, these are so much fun to spend the afternoon putting together!
Gather the ingredients. We may have taste tested the Rolos to make sure they were good enough for the recipe. 😉
You are going to need to preheat the oven to 350 and mix up the sugar cookie dough. You can even use store bough sugar cookie dough to make these go faster. I took a tablespoonful of cookie dough and shaped it in my hands to look like a reindeer head. They place 2 twist pretzels under the dough for the antlers. The kids then added 2 chocolate chips for the eyes.
We place these on a parchment lined baking sheet and baked for 10 minutes.
As soon as these come out of the oven place the rolo on the bottom of the cookie and top with a red m&m. The heat of the cookie will melt the rolo enough for it to stick to the cookie. Allow these to cool completely and serve! Store in an airtight container.
Red Nosed Reindeer CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 batch of drop sugar cookie dough
- Rolos Candies
- Red M&Ms
- Small Twist Pretzels
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Scoop 1 Tablespoonful of sugar cookie dough and shape it in your hands like a reindeer head.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet with 2 twist pretzels under the top to make the antlers.
- Place 2 chocolate chips on each cookie for the eyes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove for oven and immediately top the bottom of the cookie with a rolo for the snout and top the rolo with a Red M&M.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before serving.
- Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container