This is breakfast happiness! If you are a banana bread fan, you must try this easy Banana Nut Doughnuts Recipe. Super easy to make and amazing!
I walked into the kitchen this morning and went to grab a banana. I picked up the top of the bunch and they all fell off. Well then, that was a sign from God that it was time to make banana something-or-other. I have so many great recipes that I love to pull out when I have bananas that are going bad, but today I was ready to roll up my sleeves and try something a little different. I bring you these Banana Nut Doughnuts...my son is still drooling over them as I type this. LOL
The key to these is a doughnut pan. I bought one a while back and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Seriously, I never knew I needed one of these in my life until I had it.
You can make the yummiest cake doughnuts around with this thing...I swear!
Are you drooling yet? This glaze made these doughnuts so over the top! I sprinkled a few more chopped pecans and voila! These were way too easy to make!
Banana Nut Doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray your doughnut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and bananas and continue to beat until mixed well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the mixer mixing until incorporated.
- Finally fold in the pecans.
- Fill each well of your doughnut pan ⅔ of the way full by spooning in the batter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from pan and cool.
- Stir glaze together in a small bowl by whisking together powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of milk. Add additional milk until at desired consistency. Drizzle over your doughnuts and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Use a gluten free flour mix.
- Use a dairy free margarine and milk of your choice. I used almond milk.