This is breakfast happiness! If you are a banana bread fan, you must try this easy Banana Nut Doughnuts Recipe. Super easy to make and amazing!
I walked into the kitchen this morning and went to grab a banana. I picked up the top of the bunch and they all fell off. Well then, that was a sign from God that it was time to make banana something-or-other. I have so many great recipes that I love to pull out when I have bananas that are going bad, but today I was ready to roll up my sleeves and try something a little different. I bring you these Banana Nut Doughnuts...my son is still drooling over them as I type this. LOL
The key to these is a doughnut pan. I bought one a while back and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Seriously, I never knew I needed one of these in my life until I had it.
You can make the yummiest cake doughnuts around with this thing...I swear!
Are you drooling yet? This glaze made these doughnuts so over the top! I sprinkled a few more chopped pecans and voila! These were way too easy to make!
- 1/4 cup butter (or dairy free margarine, softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup banana (mashed , 1-2 bananas)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free flour mix)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped )
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- pecans (chopped )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray your doughnut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and bananas and continue to beat until mixed well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the mixer mixing until incorporated.
- Finally fold in the pecans.
- Fill each well of your doughnut pan 2/3 of the way full by spooning in the batter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from pan and cool.
- Stir glaze together in a small bowl by whisking together powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of milk. Add additional milk until at desired consistency. Drizzle over your doughnuts and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Use a gluten free flour mix.
- Use a dairy free margarine and milk of your choice. I used almond milk.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.