For the holidays you can’t go wrong with The Best Pecan Pie Bars Recipe! These are perfect for the dessert tray or table and they can be made with gluten free/dairy free substitutions.
When the holidays roll around we just skip the Pecan Pie and go straight to the best Pecan Pie Bars Recipe! This recipe has been in my recipe box for years! They are a family favorite and one the most important reasons to look forward to baking season!
These pecan pie bars can be made gluten Free and dairy free with just a couple simple changes. You can find those in the notes on the recipe card. Don’t worry, they taste just as amazing when you make those little changes.
Looking for another great Thanksgiving dessert? Check out this Pumpkin Spice Magic Cake Recipe
Another way you an change this great recipe up is by drizzling melted chocolate or caramel over the bars after they are cooled and cut. You can thank me later, but it is seriously life changing.
However you choose to enjoy these, you are guaranteed to love them! If there are any uneaten bars left store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine, softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl mix crust ingredients until they are a course crumb texture but stick when pressed together.
- Press dough in bottom and ½ inch up the sides of the 9x13 pan and bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- While Crust is baking; beat brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt, and eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in pecans.
- When crust is finished, pour pecan mixture over crust and bake for another 25 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges from sides of pan while warm; cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.
- Store uneaten bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use a gluten free flour mix in place of the flour.
- Substitute a dairy free margarine in place of butter.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.