This post may contain affiliate links.
The perfect Fall cake…or pie….or both! You must make this Pumpkin Spice Magic Cake Recipe at least once! A perfect mix of both.
This cake lives up to its name and is pure magic! This Pumpkin Spice Magic Cake has even made its way onto our Thanksgiving menu. I am going to let you in on a little secret. Our Thanksgiving menu has been locked in for a long time. It is full of traditional family recipes and we never change it…like NEVER! This cake made us change our menu! It is just that incredible!
First things first. You are going to need a yellow cake mix. I used my Homemade Cake Mix, but you can use store-bought. Mix it according to the package instructions and pour the batter into a 13×9 pan. I lined mine with parchment paper and it really made a huge difference in serving the cake! I highly recommend it!
In a clean bowl, you are going to mix the pumpkin magic part of this cake! I substituted a cup of canned coconut milk for the evaporated milk & cream to make it dairy free. WORKED LIKE A CHARM! I had a little helper that came running just to smell the Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. I love the smell of it too!
Spoon the pumpkin mix all over the top of the cake batter. Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 50 – 60 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Y’all this is where the magic happens! While the cake bakes the pumpkin pie settles to the bottom and the cake rises to the top to make 2 distinct layers!
Once the cake is done I let it cool COMPLETELY! I then pulled out one of my favorite ingredients, International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer! YUM! I mixed a drizzle of it with a small box of Vanilla pudding mix and 1 cup of milk. Then I folded in a tub of whipped topping.
Take a moment to visit International Delight’s Delightful Moments website and snag a coupon for your own International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer!
Spread the cream mixture on top of the cooled cake. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
This Pumpkin Spice Magic cake tastes UNBELIEVABLE! Just a little side note. The cake pictured is actually gluten free and dairy free. You can make it regular or gluten free, dairy free if necessary. The adjustments are in the recipe. This is one of the best gluten-free desserts I have ever eaten!
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (small)
- 1 tsp International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 8 oz Whipped Topping (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare box of cake mix according to package instructions, then pour into a lightly greased or parchment lined 9"x13" cake pan. Set aside. Don't bake yet.
- In another bowl whisk together the ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie (pumpkin, evaporated milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice), until smooth. Slowly pour or spoon the pumpkin pie mixture evenly all over the cake mix.
- Carefully place cake into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly, and a toothpick inserted into cake mix comes out clean. The cake might be slightly darker than normal, but still tastes great. Let cool to room temperature.
- While the cake cools, make the topping. Place the vanilla pudding mix into a large bowl, add the International Delight Pumpkin Spice Cream and pour in the cold milk. Whisk until combined and starting to thicken. Gently fold in the whipped topping until it's completely combined. Spread on top of the cooled cake.
- You can serve now, or chill the cake, and serve when chilled.Dairy Free
- Use 1 cup canned coconut milk in place of the evaporated milk & heavy cream. Also use a dairy free cake mix. For the topping you can omit or use SoDelicious Dairy Free coconut whipped topping and Silk MilkGluten Free
- Use a gluten free cake mix.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.