Move over Burt! Learn just how simple it is to make this natural DIY Peppermint Lip Balm right in your own kitchen! So much fun and it turns out perfectly!
We are forever going to Target to snag a tube or two of Burt's Bees lip balm for my daughter's because chapped lips are real in the cooler months. They love to keep lip balm on hand, but it can add up quick! We took a girls weekend and decided to make our own. See just how easy it is to make this DIY Peppermint Lip Balm.
This recipe is as simple as melting together the right ingredients. We chose to make a peppermint flavored lip balm, but you could use essential oils to make any flavor you choose. I bet an orange would be fantastic!!
Once mixed up you just pour the contents into these lip balm containers. You could choose the tubes (like chapstick) or amazon sells the little lip gloss jars that are great for this too. Really it is up to you and your preferences. See all of the lip balm containers available on amazon.
Once they cool they will set up and be the most perfect DIY Peppermint Lip Balm that you ever saw! These are great to use for everyday or make and give as gifts for the holidays!
DIY Peppermint Lip Balm
- Wrap the rubberband around the 5 empty lip balm tubes and set aside.
- Place the 1 tablespoon of beeswax pellets in a microwave safe measuring cup.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Once the beeswax pellets have melted, add in the Shea butter and coconut oil.
- Microwave again in 30 second increments until melted.
- Once completely melted, add the 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Carefully pour the mixture (it will be HOT) into each empty lip balm tube.
- Fill the tubes all the way to the top because once the mixture cools and hardens it will sink a little bit.
- Repeat with all the lip balm tubes.*Makes (5) Peppermint Lip Balms