This cake is popping with flavor. You will never have another Blueberry Cake Recipe that is this good! You have to make it and enjoy it with friends!
Blueberries are one of my favorites! When they are in season I use them for so many things. Even when they aren't in season you can find a huge bag of frozen blueberries in my freezer on just about any day of the week. This Blueberry Cake is all kinds of amazing. I use either fresh or frozen berries both are are equally delicious in this cake.
This cake is amazing for a dessert or even as a breakfast cake with a cup of coffee. I have even frozen slices of this baked cake for another day.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.