This post may contain affiliate links.
Blueberries are one of my favorites! When they are in season I use them for so many things. Even when they aren’t in season you can find a huge bag of frozen blueberries in my freezer on just about any day of the week. This Blueberry Cake is all kinds of amazing. I use either fresh or frozen berries both are are equally delicious in this cake.
This cake is amazing for a dessert or even as a breakfast cake with a cup of coffee. I have even frozen slices of this baked cake for another day.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.