I was asked if I would bake some cookies for a Cookies for Kids Cancer Bake Sale. I love any excuse to bake, but for a good cause like this I would spend the entire day in the kitchen. I can’t imagine having a child diagnosed and everything that comes along with that. All the proceeds from this bake sale go to childhood cancer research. If you would like to host a bake sale or get more info, you can visit CookiesForKidsCancer.org
Now, getting to the cookies. I sat here watching a movie with my babies the other night and we had candy. The talk turned to what kind of treats we could make with our candy. I of course turned straight to cookies, and knew I had to put my idea to the test. I hit the kitchen today and made this Raisinet Cookies. The verdict is they rock! The chocolate covered raisins in the light cakey cookie are just the right combo! You have to try these!
Raisinet CookiesPrint Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 2 cups NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
- Beat in eggs; gradually add in flour mixture.
- Stir in Raisinets by hand.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve.