This is a sponsored post for Bertolli. All opinions are my own.
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated or take a long time to be fantastic. In fact, you can pull together a taste adventure with just a few ingredients and the transformative power of Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil. I recently took a challenge from Bertolli and created this Colorful Chicken & Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner!
I love sheet pan dinners because they are so simple and take just minutes to make. The entire meal gets tossed on a sheet pan and roasted in the oven until done. The twist this time are some spontaneous ingredients that you may not think of all the time but really spice up this Colorful Chicken & Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner.
So what am I cooking with? Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, of course. Also, Purple Potatoes, Kumquats, Chicken, Basil, and I added green beans but you can choose any veggie you like. It’s not every day I cook with Kumquats or purple potatoes, and to be honest I wondered what my kids would say. The fun part is they really got into the challenge and googled the ingredients to learn about them.
The recipe is simple. I diced the boneless skinless chicken breast so they would cook faster and more evenly. Then in a bowl, I mixed together the juice and zest of 2 kumquats (about 1/8 cup), 1/4 cup Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chopped basil, and 1 tsp chili powder to create a marinade. Once I made the marinade I poured it over the chicken and let it sit while I prepared the potatoes and green beans.
While the chicken sat in the bowl, I cut the mini purple potatoes in half. They are so colorful and fun to cook with. They have the taste and texture of a regular potato but add a pop of color to this sheet pan dinner. I also washed and stemmed the fresh green beans. This recipe would also be excellent if you switched out the green beans for broccoli or Brussel sprouts. I mixed the potatoes and veggies in a bowl and tossed them with a little more Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkle of the chili powder.
Finally, I placed it all on a foil lined sheet pan and popped it in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are softened.
This recipe is great for so many reasons; fresh ingredients, simple to make, quick to bake. The star of the show is the Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is always in my cabinet to lend its full flavor to every dish. Bertolli is the number one oil brand in the world with over 150 years of expertise in olive oil blending. I love that it is now available in Organic! Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is non-GMO and verified USDA Organic, made from organic olives and produced using organic farming standards.
When it is done you have a full meal ready to serve your family! The most flavorful Chicken, Potatoes, and Green Beans. The color pops on your plate like the flavor pops on your taste buds! This unique dish is the perfect way to have fun with dinner while only spending a few minutes in the kitchen!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1/2 cup Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil; divided
- 2 Kumquats
- 2 tsp chili powder; divided
- Fresh Basil
- 1 lb small purple potatoes; halved
- 2-3 cups fresh green beans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the juice and zest of 2 Kumquats, 1 tsp chili powder, and some chopped fresh basil. Whisk together to create a marinade and pour it over the boneless skinless chicken breast cubes to sit while preparing the vegetables.
- Wash and stem the green beans and cut the small potatoes in half. Toss them with some additional Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with some chili powder as desired for seasoning.
- Place all ingredients; chicken, potatoes, and green beans on the sheet pan and spread out evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked to an internal temp of 165 F and potatoes are softened.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli. The opinions and text are all mine.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.