It's cold outside and I love having a nice hot bowl of soup to warm me up. What is better than the delicious Pasta e Fagioli soup from Olive Garden. We don't go out often but I love the Soup, Salad, & breadsticks from Olive Garden! YUM!
The most time consuming part of this soup is chopping and sautéing the vegetables. I decided to let me food processor do most of the work when it comes to the chopping. Then I just sautéed the veggies, added in the other ingredients and the browned sausage, and let simmer.
Serve this yummy soup with some 30 minute Dinner Rolls and you have a super supper!
Copy Cat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 lbs. Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Celery Stalks cleaned and ¼ inch dice
- 2 Carrots peeled and ¼ inch dice
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 28 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flake
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz. Ditalini pasta Uncooked
- 14 oz Cannellini Beans White Kidney Beans, drained not rinsed
- 14 oz Red Kidney Beans drained not rinsed
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat brown the sausage, breaking it up into as small of pieces as you can. Drain and set aside.
- Return the Dutch oven to the heat add the Olive oil, Celery, Carrots and Onion. Cook until the onion starts to turn translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Garlic and cook another minute.
- Add 1 can Chicken Broth, Water, Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Parsley, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flake and salt bring to boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add in the Pasta and cook until Al dente, 10-15 minutes.
- Add additional chicken broth as necessary to maintain desired liquid level.
- Add the Cannellini and Kidney beans and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.