I’ll give you a minute with the picture…..They look good, don’t they?! Gooey, Chocolaty, with that cookie bottom. It is basically a s’more, but better! I originally found this recipe on the back of a package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. With this week's sales of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers, I couldn’t resist.
Now, this wouldn’t be a “Snackurday if I didn’t change it up a little bit. I mixed in peanut butter chips with the chocolate chips for that added “something”. You could make them with our without, but in my opinion, the peanut butter chips give them that push to excellence!
These are so easy and so quick, you will want to make them all the time. Seriously 5 minute prep time. That is it! No joke! So this weekend bakes up a batch of these Smore Cookie Bars for you BBQ. Everyone will love you!
S'mores Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter or margarine melted
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips 18 oz
- 4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.)
- Cool 10 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.
- Dairy Free: Use a dairy-free margarine and a full 3 cups of Ghirardelli chocolate chips. No peanut butter chips.
- Lining the pan with aluminum foil will help a ton! It makes it so much easier to remove the bars when cool.