Simple to make Crab Food Art for Kids with this Peanut Butter & Jelly Tortilla Snack will put a HUGE smile on their face!
You aren't you when you are hungry, and neither are my kids. They get down right crabby when they get hangry. The best thing for a hungry kid is a filling snack and a quick and easy Tortilla PB&J will do the trick. Turning into this Crab Food Art to keep your kids smiling, well that is just a bonus!
The concept is simple, and you don't have to be crafty to make this one; I promise!
Simply take a tortilla and spread it with peanut butter and a squirt or two of jelly. Fold it over. Now here comes the fun. Using cut up strawberries, some pretzel sticks, and some mini marshmallows for eyes you now have your self a snack for your little crab!
I love this because you can make it gluten free by using a corn tortilla instead of a flour tortilla. Change it up and use almond butter or sun butter instead of peanut butter or give that crab some gold fish crackers to pinch. The creative possibilities are endless.
Crab Food Art for Kids - PB&J Tortilla
- 1 Tortilla, small flour or corn
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly your choice
- 2 Mini Marshmallows
- 2 Mini Chocolate Chips
- pretzel sticks
- blueberries optional
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter onto one side of your tortilla. Spread evenly with a thin layer of jelly and fold over the tortilla so it forms a half circle.
- Break pretzel sticks in half and push them in the back to form legs.
- Gently dip mini marshmallows into a little bit of peanut butter and stick them onto the tortilla for eyes. Add a mini chocolate chip to the center of each to finish the eye.
- Wash and cut 4 medium/large strawberries in half. Place ½ of a berry on the left and the right for the crabs arms. Now cut 2 of your halves in half again to form the claws. Place them at the end of the "arms".
- Cut and add another small sliver of strawberry for the mouth (optional).
- Decorate with blueberries for "bubbles", goldfish crackers, and more. Get as creative as you want!
- Use a gluten free tortilla
- Use a dairy free chocolate chip.
This would be insanely adorable for an ocean themed party, shark week snack, and just because your kids are crabby and you are trying to make a point. Not that that ever happens.
If you think that these crabs are fun you should check out this simple Owl Food Art Snack too! Who says you shouldn't play with your food?