These Owl Rice Cake Snacks are a wise choice for picky eaters. Check out this simple recipe for a healthy snack for the kids!
At one time or another, every mom has struggled with finding an exciting healthy snack for their kids. Since school is back in session, the kids come home ready to eat. These Owl Rice Cake Snacks are incredibly simple to make, and the kids will squeal with delight! Not only are they fun, but they taste amazing too!
You will Need
To make these fun treats you are going to need some healthy snack options. Many of which you probably have on hand.
- Rice Cakes
- Peanut Butter (or butter spread alternative)
- Circle Oat Cereal
- Cantalope or peach (for beak)
How to Make Owl Rice Cake Snack
The first step to these Owl Rice Cake Snacks. Of course, spread peanut butter on top of the rice cake. Then top with two slices of banana for the eyes. Top the banana with blueberries.
Next cut a small piece of cantaloupe (you could use peach or nectarine for this too!) into a triangle and place it for the beak.
Add two apple slices for the wings, and finally, add a few Cheerios for the body.
The cuteness can not be contained!!! These are perfect for a picky eater or even the non-picky. You can even set up the ingredients for the kids and let them get creative and make their Owls. A fun afternoon project and snack!
Provide your child with fruit and healthy ingredients and let them play with their food. Let them create their own animal or snack creation to see what they come up with.
Owl Rice Cake Snacks
- 1 rice cake plain
- 2 Tbsps peanut butter
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ apple sliced
- ¼ cup Cheerios
- 1 Small piece of cantaloupe
- Spread peanut butter on each rice cake.
- Top rice cake with 2 banana slices for eyes, and top each banana slice with 1 blueberry.
- Next add a small piece of cantaloupe cut into the shape of a triangle for the beak. Then, two apple slices for the wings.
- Finally add cheerios for the body.