Homemade Pancake Mix Recipe
Ditch those boxed mixes! It is time to make your own with this Homemade Pancake Mix recipe! Great for waffles, pancakes, and more! Gluten Free Option
It never fails. The kids want pancakes, or you are trying to make biscuits for with dinner and you go to the pantry only to find yourself completely out of baking mix. ~sigh~ That just drives me nuts. Now you can make your own any time of day and keep it on hand so you never run out again! The best part is you will know what is inside. No chemicals or preservatives…just whole ingredients.
You can even substitute whole wheat flour, or even rice or almond flour for gluten-free pancakes.
Homemade Pancake Mix
Ditch those boxed mixes! It is time to make your own with this Homemade Pancake Mix recipe! Great for waffles, pancakes, and more!Print Recipe
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks in the fridge or in the freezer for longer storage.To Make Biscuits
- Mix together 1/3 cup of milk for every 1 cup of mix. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 450 F for 10-12 mins. Feel free to add herbs or cheese to the biscuits. (each 1 cup mix will yield about 6 biscuits)To Make Pancakes
- Mix 2 Cups of mix with 1 cup of milk and 2 eggs. Cook on a hot griddle. Feel free to add blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.
- Substitute a gluten-free all-purpose flour mix for the flour.
- Use a dairy free milk substitute and a dairy free margarine.
Servings: 6 cups
How much of the baking soda exactly?
Aleisha…I fixed the post. Is is 1/4 cup baking powder. 😉
Thank you for your recipes. I am wondering if you kept track of what it cost you? I am trying to figure out if it will save me money, given the increased time and coupons on pancake mix. Thanks in advance.
$1.69 for 6 cups of mix or 3 batches of pancakes when you use margarine. Atleast, that is an average for what the ingredients cost me.
Thank you sooo much! That helps a lot~
Thanks so much for this. My 2 year old wanted pancakes this morning at we had no mix. You have saved my morning and wallet. Biscuits for dinner, yummmmmm.
Comments like yours make me happy! Glad your little one got pancakes and the recipe helped! 🙂
My family just made our pancakes from this recipe and it was great! Thanks for a quick and simple solution!
nice! thanks so much.
I have been making this for a few weeks and it is great! I have even made waffles: 2 cups mix, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons oil.
Thank you for this! I was coming down here to ask if this could also be used for waffles! ?
Yes it can! 🙂
How would I substitute the eggs? My toddler is allergic 🙁
Hey Kelly, you can try 2 tbsp of applesauce or use 2 tbsp of vegan mayo per egg. Sounds crazy but it works! 🙂
I have used this recipe over the last year or so. I stumbled across it when I needed pancakes. Yes I needed them. I love it and how great they taste! Yesterday I made some for my grandbabies, and they could not get enough of these. I made them again for breakfast as they wanted more. These are a couple of picky little girls so I really loved having this on hand, plus it was easy enough they could help me make the mix and the batter! Thank you! Seriously this is some great stuff!