This post may contain affiliate links.
Ditch those boxed mixes! It is time to make your own with this Homemade Pancake Mix recipe! Great for waffles, pancakes, and more! Gluten Free Option
It never fails. The kids want pancakes, or you are trying to make biscuits for with dinner and you go to the pantry only to find yourself completely out of baking mix. ~sigh~ That just drives me nuts. Now you can make your own any time of day and keep it on hand so you never run out again! The best part is you will know what is inside. No chemicals or preservatives…just whole ingredients.
You can even substitute whole wheat flour, or even rice or almond flour for gluten-free pancakes.
Homemade Pancake Mix
Ditch those boxed mixes! It is time to make your own with this Homemade Pancake Mix recipe! Great for waffles, pancakes, and more!
- 5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks in the fridge or in the freezer for longer storage.To Make Biscuits
- Mix together 1/3 cup of milk for every 1 cup of mix. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 450 F for 10-12 mins. Feel free to add herbs or cheese to the biscuits. (each 1 cup mix will yield about 6 biscuits)To Make Pancakes
- Mix 2 Cups of mix with 1 cup of milk and 2 eggs. Cook on hot griddle. Feel free to add blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.Gluten Free
- Substitute a gluten free all purpose flour mix for the flour.Dairy Free
- Use a dairy free milk substitute and a dairy free margarine.