These days I am living vicariously through my food. I look at the calendar hanging on the wall and it says June. I know it is June. To me June is hot, with a garden full of fresh veggies, a farmers market overflowing with fresh fruit, oh and don’t forget the beach! Last Summer I think we were at the beach almost everyday.
Flash forward to this Summer, it was 55 Degrees today, seriously! Sun…what is sun? I can’t even get decent lighting to take pictures of my food. It has been raining for 3 days. The weather has been so nasty we even had a very eventful hail storm. It has come down to the kids making checklists of the pros and cons between Florida and Iowa. Guess which one won?!
So, I am baking. Because baking is what I do. It makes me feel better to whip up some Summery treats in the kitchen and pretend that it is 90 degrees and the beach is out my back door. Although I did not have fresh fruit in my kitchen today, frozen will have to do. Summer will eventually get here…right?!
Summer Fruit Cobbler
Take that Summer Farmers Market Fruit and make a delicious Cobbler. You just need some ice cream!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or Margarine
- 3/4 Cup Bisquick (you can use Gluten Free)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups of fruit (I used frozen peaches & Strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place butter in 8x8 baking dish at-least 2 inches deep and place in oven to melt.
- In a bowl mix sugar and flour together to mix. Slowly stir in milk and continue to stir to prevent the batter from getting lumpy.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven; pour the batter directly over the butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Spoon fruit on top of the batte. DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar. (if desired)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Your batter will rise above the fruit making a wonderful crispy crust.
- Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
ALTERNATE FRUITS- This is good with peaches, berries, or any mix of the 2. You can use frozen or canned fruit. You can also use canned pie filled if fruit is out of season. GLUTEN FREE - Use Gluten Free Bisquick DAIRY FREE- Use Dairy Free Margarine and Alternate Milk (like almond or soy)
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
Want more Yummy Dessert Recipes? You can find them here!