These days I am living vicariously through my food. I look at the calendar hanging on the wall and it says June. I know it is June. To me June is hot, with a garden full of fresh veggies, a farmers market overflowing with fresh fruit, oh and don’t forget the beach! Last Summer I think we were at the beach almost everyday.
Flash forward to this Summer, it was 55 Degrees today, seriously! Sun…what is sun? I can’t even get decent lighting to take pictures of my food. It has been raining for 3 days. The weather has been so nasty we even had a very eventful hail storm. It has come down to the kids making checklists of the pros and cons between Florida and Iowa. Guess which one won?!
So, I am baking. Because baking is what I do. It makes me feel better to whip up some Summery treats in the kitchen and pretend that it is 90 degrees and the beach is out my back door. Although I did not have fresh fruit in my kitchen today, frozen will have to do. Summer will eventually get here…right?!
Summer Fruit Cobbler
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or Margarine
- 3/4 Cup Bisquick you can use Gluten Free
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups of fruit I used frozen peaches & Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place butter in 8x8 baking dish at-least 2 inches deep and place in oven to melt.
- In a bowl mix sugar and flour together to mix. Slowly stir in milk and continue to stir to prevent the batter from getting lumpy.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven; pour the batter directly over the butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Spoon fruit on top of the batte. DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar. (if desired)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Your batter will rise above the fruit making a wonderful crispy crust.
- Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Want more Yummy Dessert Recipes? You can find them here!