Looking for a beautiful handmade gift for a book lover in your life? Make these DIY Ribbon Bookmarks and customize them with charms.
Giving homemade gifts is a special present that comes from the heart. Homemade gifts mean so much more than store bought presents because you put thought and effort into making something perfect for the recipient. These DIY Ribbon Bookmarks with charms are perfect for any book lover, or to give with a book as a gift.
What you Will Need
- Ribbon crimps (same width as ribbon)
- Beads, to match charms
- Needle nose pliers or jewelry wire cutter
- Split rings
- Jewelry wire
Once you purchase these items you will actually have enough to make several bookmarks. You may even have some of these things on hand.
How to Make Ribbon Bookmarks
Start off by cutting your ribbon to desired lengths. About 7 inches is a great place to start for a bookmark. Using pliers, attach a ribbon crimp to each end of the ribbon.
On one side, attach the charm using a split ring.
Cut a piece of wire approximately 3 inches long. Twist one end of the wire around the pliers to create a tight curl. Then, add beads to wire and secure the open end by twisting it around the pliers to create a tight curl. Use a split ring to attach the beaded wire to the other ribbon crimp.
Obviously, these directions are just a starting off point. Get creative with the beads, and ribbon. Make the style your own. These are beautiful any way they are made.
Ribbon Bookmarks with Tassels
After doing some research it was very clear that tassels on a bookmark are very important to some people. You can skip adding beads to the top of your bookmark and instead add tassels if you choose. Many craft store sell pre-made tassels or you can find simple tutorials online on how to make your own tassels.
DIY Ribbon Bookmarks
- Cut ribbon to desired lengths.
- Using pliers, attach a ribbon crimp to each end of the ribbon.
- On one side, attach the charm using a split ring.
- Cut a piece of wire approximately 3 inches long. Twist one end of the wire around the pliers to create a tight curl.
- Add beads to wire and secure the open end by twisting it around the pliers to create a tight curl. Use a split ring to attach the beaded wire to the other ribbon crimp.
More Homemade Gift Ideas
- Homemade Chai Tea Spice Mix- Printable Labels: Great Gift Idea
- DIY Wine Cork Key Chains
- DIY Chalkboard Coasters – Easy DIY Gift
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.