Great for a party, game day, or even a quick and easy dinner! This Simple Meatball Sliders Recipes is a delicious way to enjoy a classic!
The Super Bowl is next weekend and just happens to be my daughter’s birthday too. It is time to pull out the party food and celebrate with friends and family. These Simple Meatball Sliders feed a crowd and take only minutes to throw together. They also make a killer easy dinner for any night of the week.
Homemade Meatballs or Store Bought
The most time consuming part of these is heating the meatballs. You can choose to use homemade meatballs or frozen ones. Either way you can’t go wrong. Seriously, these sandwiches are delicious either way!
How to Make Meatball Sliders
Once the meatballs are heated with sauce, just put the bottoms of your slider rolls in a casserole dish. Top with meatballs and cheese. Then cap it off with the bun tops. Now brush the entire thing with seasoned melted butter and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Then unwrap and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
These should be served while they are hot and the cheese is melty. Don’t they look incredible?!
Meatball Slider Tips
You can easily double this recipe by placing them in a larger 13 x 9 pan.
Make cleanup easier by preparing these in one of those aluminum throw away pans that you can pick up at the Dollar Store. They make party prep, and cleanup so much easier.
Prep these ahead of time and just pop them in the oven before you are ready to serve. These can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance. Just store them in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Simple Meatball Sliders Recipe
- 12 slider buns
- 12 large meatballs or 24 small meatballscooked
- 2 cup pasta sauce
- 2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a parchment lined casserole dish.
- Heat your meatballs in a skillet with pasta sauce.
- Spoon your heated meatballs onto the buns and cover the meatballs in mozzarella cheese and top with the other half of the buns.
- Mix the Italian seasoning with the melted butter and brush on the tops of the sandwiches then sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
Originally posted Jan 2018. Updated October 2019.