I try to keep a stocked pantry, but inevitably I start to make a recipe that calls for Sweetened Condensed Milk and I don’t have a can. Instead of running to the grocery store last minute. I am going to show you how to make your own sweetened condensed milk in a matter of minutes! It is super easy, and you will be so glad to have this recipe on hand.
An added bonus of this one is I can make Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk. My daughter is allergic to milk, so I can make this with Coconut Powder just as easily as I can with powdered milk. Now she can enjoy all the yummy treats that we do! Hope this recipe helps you out when you are in a pinch!
How to Make Your Own Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- In small bowl combine the powdered milk and the sugar. Set aside.
- Put hot water into blender and start blender.
- While the blender is running, pour in the powdered milk /sugar mixture.
- Blend until smooth.
- This recipe equals one can of store bought condensed milk.
- Substitute Coconut Milk Powder Mix or other dairy free milk powder
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.