This post may contain affiliate links.
Don’t you love a fun and frugal craft project? Nothing welcomes in the fall season like a wreath full of autumn’s offerings. If you are looking for a way to add some charm to your front door, mantle, or any room in your house for less, give this easy and inexpensive Craft Frugal Fall Wreath a try. It is simple to make and everything you need can be found at your local dollar store! Take a look below and find out how you can whip one of these wreaths up this weekend.
Dollar Store Craft: Frugal Fall Wreath
- 1 Grapevine Wreath
- 1 Bunch of assorted faux flowers in fall colors
- Assorted faux fall leaves
- Plastic acorns
- Plastic mini pumpkins
- Small scarecrow
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
As mentioned, everything listed above can be found at your local dollar store. Look in the seasonal and crafting section, and shop early for the best selection.
- First, apply a drop of glue to each leaf and begin pressing them to the grapevine wreath. Continue doing this until the leaves go all of the way around the wreath. This will create your base. You can glue on one layer or two if you wish for a thicker and more detailed look.
- After your leaves are in place and dry, apply glue along the entire backside of the scarecrow. Place the scarecrow off to the side as shown, as this is where it will fit best due to size.
- Now, you want to start adding your faux flowers. Choose blooms that are gold, deep purple, orange, yellow, or other fall hues. Apply some glue on the back and start gluing on in clusters.
- Finally, start adding your plastic pumpkins, acorns, or other embellishments you like. Apply glue generously since these will be a bit heavier. Press firmly into place and hold until dry.
When you are ready to hang your wreath, you can then run your ribbon through and create a bow for hanging. Or, if you wish you can just place on a nail or command hook as shown and omit the ribbon. It is up to you and your preferences.
Don’t buy an expensive premade wreath this fall, instead, make your own frugal version. This frugal fall wreath is sure to fit the bill and be a hit with your family and especially your wallet!