Decorate your house for winter with these Easy 3D Paper Snowflakes. So pretty and they make a fun kids craft for a chilly day!
Decorating for winter can be a fun and creative way to beat the winter blues! Adding some snowflakes, decorating with some farmhouse bead garland, and making some Homemade Jar Candles can really liven up your home.
This project is great because it is simple and affordable to make. 3D Paper snowflakes need only paper, glue, scissors, creativity and some time. Making this a great project for kids on a cold or snowy day. These are equally beautiful to decorate your home for Christmas, or even to decorate a gift.
Easy 3D Paper Snowflakes
You Will Need
Cut paper into ½ to 1-inch strips, depending on how thick you want each snowflake. If you are using a paper guillotine you can pre-cut the paper strips for your kids so they don’t have to use scissors or anything sharp. Just supply them with the paper strips, pencil, and gluestick.
Wrap the paper strips around a pencil to create the curls. The design of your snowflake can change depending on how tightly you wrap the paper.
Create a snowflake shape by gluing the pieces of paper together. This takes a little creativity but is so rewarding.
- Remember that snowflakes are symmetrical. (Makes a great challenge for older kids.)
- To create pointed tips on the snowflakes, Fold strips of paper in half and use the fold as the point.
- Make the snowflakes as simple or as elaborate as desired.
- Hang the snowflakes as decorations using thin thread or fishing line.
More Winter Fun
- Dollar Store DIY: Simple Frosted Luminaries
- Polar Bear Cupcakes
- Simple Pretzel Snowmen – Fun Kids Snack
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.