The holidays are here, and I love baking treats that everyone can enjoy. Everyone should be able to have a biscotti with a cup of coffee. That is why I made these Simple Gluten Free Brownie Peppermint Biscotti. They are as decadent and amazing as they sound.
Krusteaz came out with a new line of Gluten Free Baking Mixes and I was lucky enough to get to sample them all! One of them we already had in the pantry; that was the Krusteaz Brownie Mix. OMG! That stuff is fabulous. I knew that I wanted to take it and turn it into another amazing treat.
I gathered my ingredients. I used the full Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix and 1 cup of the Krusteaz Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancake Mix, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup oil. That is all I needed to make the biscotti themselves.
I mixed the dough and made 2 equal loves. About 3 inches wide and about 12 inches long. I placed them on a parchment lined baking sheet and baked at 350 for 30 minutes. My house smelled amazing! I ended up with these brownie loaves.
Leave them on the pan to cool. I actually left mine for about an hour because I had other stuff to do.
Once cool I sliced the loaves diagonally about 3/4 of an inch thick.
They went back on the baking sheet and baked for another 10 minutes at 350. This gives them the nice crunchy biscotti bite. Allow them to cool completely.
Now comes the fun part. Drizzle them with melted white chocolate and crushed peppermints. My son laughed and asked me if that was my version of "Candy Crush". Ha ha...very funny. 😉
You are left with about 24 of the most amazing Chocolate biscotti I have ever tasted. No one would guess in a million years that they are gluten free!
You can even wrap them up and give them as a gift with some k-cups and a nice mug. Someone would love you FOREVER! Include the recipe of course 😉
- 1 Box Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix 20 oz
- 1 cup Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable Oil
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- crushed peppermints
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Combine brownie mix, pancake mix, oil, and eggs. Blend with an electric mixer set on low until well blended. Scrape down sides (mixture will be stiff.)
- Split the dough into 2 equal halves and shape dough into 2 loaves, each 14 inches long by 3 inches wide, and ¾ inch thick, spacing about 4-5 inches apart on sheet. Mound dough so it is slightly higher in the center than at the edges. Place cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until firm to touch; remove from oven and cool on sheet for 15 minutes (leave oven on.)
- With spatula transfer logs to cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice each rectangle into ¾ inch slices on the diagonal. Return slices to sheet, cut sides down.
- Return sheet to oven. Bake biscotti 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer biscotti to a rack. Cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over biscotti. While the chocolate is still melted sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
- Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate at least 1 hour to set chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container or plastic Ziploc bag for up to 3 weeks.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.