All the cinnamon flavors that you love packed into a donut! This Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Donuts Recipe is incredible!
Ever since my son started eating Gluten Free we find ways to adapt. One of them was donuts. While it can be difficult to get a classic donut these cake like donuts are just as delicious if not better when made properly! We decided to spice things up for fall with these Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Donuts using our favorite Cinnamon Baking Chips to really make them out of this world, amazing!
What makes them Snickerdoodle?
So a snickerdoodle is a sugar cookie that has been loved up by some cinnamon; either in the cookie, on the cookie, or both. So these donuts have been hit by the cinnamon bug too. They include cinnamon sugar and our amazing Homemade Cinnamon Chips to really push them over the top.
Can I make these NOT Gluten Free?
Of course! All of my recipes are totally substitutable! Just use regular flour in place of gluten free flour plus add in a 1/2 tsp of baking soda and they will turn out just as delicious!
Where do you get a donut pan?
Ahh…the donut pan. I bought mine off of amazon. So many places sell them now. They come in all shapes, sizes, and materials. I have heard some great things about the silicone donut pans, but I am just not a fan of baking in silicone (personal preference). You can see all the donut pans available here.
Freeze them for Later
I love donuts but we do NOT need 12 donuts looking back at us from the kitchen counter. I actually wait until they are cool and pop them in freezer bags. You can freeze these until you are ready to enjoy. Just toast them in the toaster oven or pop them in the microwave for a quick reheat.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Donuts
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl stir together your dry ingredients; gluten free baking mix, sugars, and spices.
- In small bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients; egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until well combined.
- Fill greased donut wells a little over three-fourths full and sprinkle some cinnamon chips on each donut.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool in the pan for a few minutes before carefully turning them out onto a cooling rack. Take each donut and press it into the cinnamon sugar to coat. ENJOY!
- Use a dairy free milk alternative; coconut, almond, etc.
Gluten Free Baking MixI use baking mix because it already contains a leavener (baking soda or powder) and a binder (xanthan gum or similar). If you would like to use your own blend of gluten free flour add in 1/2 tsp baking soda and a 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum.
Not Gluten Free?Just use regular flour and add 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
More Donut Recipes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.