This Blue Glitter Gem Soap is a fun and easy kids DIY that they will love to use and make! These are great party favors or holiday gifts too!!
Keep the kids busy over winter break with his fun Easy Kids DIY Project! Spend the day with them making this Homemade Blue Glitter Gem Soap! Perfect craft for a Frozen Party, or just because! These are even fun to have the kids make and give as gifts!
Homemade Blue Glitter Gem Soap
You will Need
- Clear glycerin block soap
- Silver cosmetic grade glitter
- Blue soap colorant
- Soap scent (your choice)
- Wilton gem soap mold
- Craft sticks for stirring
- Glass measuring cup
- 1. Cut your soap block into about 8 large ice cube size pieces.
2. Place your soap cubes into your glass measuring cup and microwave your soap for about 45-60 seconds (should be completely melted but very hot)
3. Mix in one drop of blue colorant, a 1/4 teaspoon of cosmetic grade glitter and a few drops of your soap scent.
5. Fill about 3 gems with your melted light blue soap and then add another drop of blue colorant in and mix.
6. Fill another 3 gems with your melted medium blue soap and then add another drop of blue colorant and mix in.
7. Fill another 3 gems with your bright blue soap.
8. Carefully place on a flat surface in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden
9. Carefully stretch the sides of your mold and push up on the bottom to remove your soaps.
Kids love to use their own soap to wash their hands! This is also a super activity for parties and a great way to get your kids involved with gift giving.
More Homemade Soap
Now that you aren’t scared of soap making you should try this Lavender Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap! It is amazing for your skin!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.