One of the best recipes for homemade meatballs! Make extra for the freezer, plus they can be made gluten free & dairy free!
A good meatball recipe is a must have in any kitchen. This is my go to Homemade Meatball recipe. I make a couple batches at a time and keep them in the freezer for a rainy day. These are perfect on Spaghetti, on a sandwich and more! YUM!
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs or crushed rice chex
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together with hands until well incorporated.
- Shape into Golfball sized meatballs
- Place on large baking sheet covered in foil, or on Broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Try to make all the meatballs the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Place in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve some with Pasta.
- Makes about 30 meatballs.Gluten Free
- Use crushed seasoned Rice Chex Cereal in place of bread crumbsDairy Free
- Omit the cheese.Freezer
- Let cool and freeze the rest in Freezer bags. To reheat place frozen meatballs in sauce over medium heat.
- You can make your own Meatball subs, or serve with spaghetti.
*TIP* You can double or triple this recipe to suit your needs.