When you are starting a lifestyle change you have to continue to enjoy some of the things you always did so you feel normal. In my house, Taco Tuesday happens every week without fail. Even though we are eating healthier we don’t want to give up our tacos, so we got creative and made these yummy Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
You guys know I am all about taking shortcuts! These could be the easiest tacos you ever made! I used my homemade taco seasoning to keep it simple. Oh, and the sweet potatoes, I tossed them in the crockpot! Yes, Crockpot Sweet Potatoes are totally a thing and they make your life so much easier when you are trying to stick with a healthy diet!
Once your sweet potatoes are cooked and your meat is browned with seasoning all that is left is assembly! We love to do tacos buffet style! I set out all of the toppings in small bowls on the counter and I let the family assemble their own. They love it! Our favorite has to be the best Homemade Guacamole ever or even just diced avocado!
The great thing about these Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes is they are perfect if you are following Whole 30, 21 Day Fix, Paleo, and more!
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes (cooked and cut lengthwise)
- 1 lb ground beef (browned)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced,)
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Pre-cook your sweet potatoes. I recommend in the crockpot, but you can also roast them in the oven at 350 for about 30 - 40 mins depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the meat is browned, drain the fat and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning and diced pepper while stirring and saute. You may add 1 -2 tbsp of water if needed to keep the meat from drying out.
- To serve, use a fork to flatten the inside of a sweet potato slightly. Add the desired amount of meat filling and top with your choice of taco toppings.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.