Easter will be here this weekend, and I think I have jelly beans coming out my wazoo! LOL The kids seem to be getting them from everyone, and I (of course) bought a bag or two. Now, what to do with all those jelly beans. I love to eat a handful for a snack but I wanted to be more creative with them this year. I whipped up a batch of blondies and plopped those juicy jelly beans right in their.
They turned out amazing and my kids are in love with our new Easter treat! So whether you serve them for an Easter treat, or make them as a way to use up some of those after Easter Jelly Beans, these Blondies are a great recipe to have on hand!
Jelly Bean BlondiesPrint Recipe
- 1 Stick Butter or margarine Melted 1/4 cup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1/4-1/2 cup jelly beans
- Butter an 8×8 pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour.
- Pour into prepared pan, and sprinkle top with Jelly Beans.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool on rack before cutting them.
Mix up the blondie dough and spread in a greased 8×8 pan. Sprinkle the jelly beans on top.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins. The blondies will bake up around the jelly beans.
All to cool and enjoy!