I have been hunting high and low for cute ideas for St Patrick’s day. I love really having fun with the holidays with the kids. I was trying to find something rainbowy with fruity pebbles. When all else fails make something! So, I hit the pantry and started gathering ingredients not quite sure how it would turn out.
I had a little helper, but don’t let her cuteness fool you. She was after only one thing…chocolate. 😉 My girl!
Here is what my helper and I came up with. Hope you love them as much as we do!
- 3 Cups Fruity Pebbles
- 1 1/2 Cup Broken Pretzels
- 1 1/2 Cup Rice Chex® cereal
- A handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- 10 ozs marshmallow (package regular, 4 cups mini)
- 3 TBSP Butter (or Dairy Free Margarine)
- In a large bowl measure out the cereal and pretzels and stir together.
- Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl place marshmallows and margarine. Microwave on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir marshamallow mix and poor over cereal mix.
- Stir until coated evenly. (Throw in chocolate chips now if desired)
- Grease your hands and pick up a small baseball size of the cereal mix and press into the cupcake pan. Do this until the pan is full and allow to cool.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
Measure out cereal and pretzels into a large bowl.
Microwave 10oz of marshmallows and 3TBSP butter or margarine on high for 1.5-2 mins.
Poor melted marshmallows over cereal mix and stir…move fast!
Grease your hands and press the gooey cereal mix into a greased cupcake pan. You should be able to fill the pan. Allow to cool.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.