Cinco de Mayo is coming up and it was time to whip up a dessert with a little kick. This baby isn’t your typical pound cake, it is a Key Lime Pound Cake. The citrus smell is intoxicating as it pours out of the oven. I wish I could bottle the smell in my kitchen right now. I had a very hard time being patient waiting for this to cool. The cake itself is moist and delicious. It is perfect alone or even maybe with some cool berries on the side. YUM! Invite some friends over because this cake is big enough for an army, or one very hungry family.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Key Lime Juice
- 1 TBSP lime zestGlaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- green food color (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease and flour a bundt pan. I use baking spray. It already has the flour in it! Major time and mess saver!
- Beat Sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time while mixing on low. Then add vanilla.
- Let the mixer run on high speed for 5 minutes.
- While mixture is beating, place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Measure out milk .
- Take turns adding some of the Flour mix and the Milk to the batter in the mixer on low speed.
- You are now going to mix in the lime juice and zest.
- After everything is mixed together. Scrape batter into pan evenly.
- Bake Bundt Pan for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- You could also use 2 loaf pans 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.Glaze
- Mix together 1 cup of powdered sugar and juice of one lime until glaze consistency. You can add a couple drops of green food coloring if desired. Drizzle over the cake before serving.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.