If you are looking for the best cookie recipe this Monster Cookies Recipe could be it! Full of M&M’s, Peanut Butter, and more! Plus, they are gluten free!
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie! It was actually one of the first cookie recipe posts that I did back when AFewShortcuts.com started in 2009. How crazy is that? Well, this Monster Cookie Recipe needed a facelift. Since this is one of our favorite cookies to make, it was not a big deal to whip up a batch and snap some fun pictures of these delicious cookies!
Monster cookies have a little bit of everything tucked inside. They have peanut butter, raisins, M&M’s chocolate chips and oats! The one thing they don’t have is gluten! That….is pretty awesome. Just be sure you are using a gluten-free oat. While oats are gluten-free naturally they are easily cross-contaminated. Funny when your kid has an allergy you learn all kinds of things like exactly how oats get glutened….a story for another day.
Monster cookies are one of my favorites because there is a surprise in every bite, and this recipe makes a ton of cookies. I used my cookie scoop and easily got 5 dozen cookies! You can pre-scoop and make your own freezer cookie dough or bake these all and freeze some of the baked cookies so they are ready to eat when you are!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1 ⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 ⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz jar creamy peanut butter (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 stick butter or margarine 1/2 cup softened
- 1 ⁄2 cup M&M’s candies
- 1 ⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ⁄4 cup raisins optional
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1 ⁄2 cups Quick cooking oatmeal Use GF Oats for GF Version
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a VERY LARGE bowl, combine eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, baking soda, and oatmeal.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on to the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake. Let stand for 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes 5 dozen depending on size.
Gluten FreeMake sure you use a certified gluten free oat,