Monster Sugar Cookies
We had entirely too much fun making these tonight!!! Halloween is creeping around the corner and I have been testing some scary and spooky snacks on the kids. Tonight was these Monster Sugar Cookies. They won me over because they are super simple! They won the kids over because they are AWESOME!! They won my hubby over because they are delicious! Wins all around.
You make this simple drop sugar cookie recipe and add the food coloring of your choice. We did Purple for the girls and the Green ones for my son are gluten free. I found the eyeball candies at my local store, but you can also make them. I have a tutorial coming up soon! 😉
Quick note: Add the eyes after they are done baking. We may have learned the hard way that they sink into the cookie and look even creepier if you add them before. LOL
Monster Sugar CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer cream together butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and food coloring to the creamed butter/sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until dough forms.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the eyeballs while still warm. If the cookies have cooled you can use a bit of icing to attach the eyeballs.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mixDairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine or coconut oil to replace the butter.
If you love these you will also like….
This fun Halloween Frog Bog!
Also follow me on pinterest for more fun ideas
Those cookies are really fun!
I have to do this for my kids! They will love it, I sure do 🙂
I can’t waait to make this creepy cookies
We always make the same old plain sugar cookies so this is definitely something different and so fun! We’ll be doing these this year for sure!
These are super cute! I love that you included that they can be made with a gluten free flour 🙂
i can’t wait to make these. My daughter will love it
My nephew would love these! I know what I’m doing tomorrow!
These are so cute. You are right. Halloween will be here before we know it