Southwestern Chicken Patties
Necessity is the Mother of invention. We had big storms move through the Mid-West this weekend, and while we didn’t get hit by them we have had terrible winds. The lovely winds knocked our power out Sunday, and about the time it came back on it went off all over most of the house. After several calls, we discovered the wind knocked the line from the side of the house loose causing us to loose power to 2/3 of our house. The only problem is I have about 5 outlets that work, and none of them are really convenient. The stove is out, so I am working with my griddle, and crockpot. I am also trying to use what is in the fridge. Lucky for me my hubby grilled some chicken the other day so I had that to work with.
I had a little helper in the kitchen today helping me make these. It really tickled her to help me make the dressing to go on them. She enjoyed eating them even more!
Southwestern Chicken PattiesPrint Recipe
- 2 Cups Chopped Cooked Chicken
- 1 Cup Unseasoned Bread Crumbs or crushed rice chex
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 eggCitrus Chili Mayo
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Mix all of the patty ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape mix into patties and cook in a greased large skillet or on a griddle over medium heat. Cook the first side 3-4 minutes or until browned, flip and continue to cook 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve on a plate or on a bun with Citrus Chili Mayo.Citrus Chili mayo
- whisk together all of the ingredients and serve with chicken patties.
Mix all of the patty ingredients together. Form into burger sized patties, and cook in a light greased skillet or griddle over medium heat.
Once browned on one side (about 3-4 min) Flip and brown and cook through.
Serve alone or on a bun with some chili citrus mayo.