I am always looking for quick and easy dinner ideas. I don’t like spending hours in the kitchen in the evening. This One Pot Sausage & Rice was just what the doctor ordered this week. It was simple and on the table in no time. My favorite part??? All the kids and hubby loved it!
I picked up this Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked sausage at the store. I actually grabbed 2, one to toss in the freezer for another night. This is great because I usually have all of the other ingredients in the pantry.
I sliced it and began to saute the Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage in the skillet.
Once the sausage was browned I removed it from the skillet and set it aside. I then tossed some frozen peppers & onions in the same skillet to soften them.
Now everyone in the skillet. I added a carton of chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice, and the sausage back to the skillet. I continued to cook over medium heat for about 20 – 30 minutes.
In no time I had a skillet full of deliciousness! My whole family kept coming in the kitchen to see what I was making.
This was such an easy and affordable weeknight supper we will definitely be adding it to our rotation. I love meals that they entire family will eat!
One Pot Sausage & Rice
- 1 Package Hillshire Farms Beef Smoked Sausage
- 1 cup Diced Peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 32 oz Carton of Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 1/2 Cup Long Grain Rice
- Slice the smoked sausage into 1/4 inch slices. Brown in a skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage from skillet and saute the peppers & onion in the sausage drippings.
- Once the peppers & onions are soft add the broth, rice, and sausage back to the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until the rice fully absorbs the broth. About 20 - 30 minutes depending on your stove.
- Serve while hot
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.