I am always looking for quick and easy dinner ideas. I don't like spending hours in the kitchen in the evening. This One Pot Sausage & Rice was just what the doctor ordered this week. It was simple and on the table in no time. My favorite part??? All the kids and hubby loved it!
I picked up this Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked sausage at the store. I actually grabbed 2, one to toss in the freezer for another night. This is great because I usually have all of the other ingredients in the pantry.
I sliced it and began to saute the Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage in the skillet.
Once the sausage was browned I removed it from the skillet and set it aside. I then tossed some frozen peppers & onions in the same skillet to soften them.
Now everyone in the skillet. I added a carton of chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice, and the sausage back to the skillet. I continued to cook over medium heat for about 20 - 30 minutes.
In no time I had a skillet full of deliciousness! My whole family kept coming in the kitchen to see what I was making.
This was such an easy and affordable weeknight supper we will definitely be adding it to our rotation. I love meals that they entire family will eat!
- 1 Package Hillshire Farms Beef Smoked Sausage
- 1 cup Diced Peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 32 oz Carton of Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 1/2 Cup Long Grain Rice
- Slice the smoked sausage into 1/4 inch slices. Brown in a skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage from skillet and saute the peppers & onion in the sausage drippings.
- Once the peppers & onions are soft add the broth, rice, and sausage back to the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until the rice fully absorbs the broth. About 20 - 30 minutes depending on your stove.
- Serve while hot
#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.