This is the holy grail of awesomeness! I bought some strawberries at the grocery store because it is strawberry season here in Florida. They are so lovely, fresh and sweet I couldn’t pass them up. I had plans of making a pound cake but never got around to it.
Fast forward to about 7 pm, and everyone was coming up to me with hugs and asking what was for dessert. DARN IT! I never made that cake.
Into the kitchen, I went. I always have this freezer cookie dough on hand, but I wanted to use those beautiful strawberries.
Then it happened. PURE GENIUS!!
I am pretty sure a light bulb appeared over my head, but I can’t be positive. 😉
I mixed up this quick pound cake batter, and then…..
I got out my waffle maker. YEP…Waffle Pound Cake is now a thing. I didn’t have to wait 50 minutes for that bad boy to bake in the oven. It took about 3 minutes on the waffle iron.
This is DANGEROUS information folks. I am passing it on at your risk.
Just look at that shortcake! And the strawberry juice and cream went into all the little cracks and crevices. OH MY YUM!
Waffle Pound CakePrint Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and flour alternately. Stirring until batter is creamy.
- Scoop batter onto greased waffle iron. Close and cook for about 3 minutes or until cake is golden.Dairy Free
- Use Dairy free margarine instead of butter.