I am always looking for new quick, delicious & affordable dinner ideas that the entire family will eat. Because I wish that everyone sat down and ate the same thing more often! I hit it out of the park with this Quick & Easy Oven Baked Flounder. It is so family friendly!
I bought this bag of Flounder fillets at the store this week for a few reasons.
#1 We are trying to eat healthier
#2 It was affordable
#3 I know I can thaw it and cook it quickly
#4 Everybody at my house eats fish
The kids will eat it pan seared....but they want the crispiness of the breading. I just really didn't want to fry it.
So I defrosted the fillets and placed them in a greased 13x9 pan. Then I took some seasoned bread crumbs and pressed them into the top of each fillet. These were actually Rice Chex crumbs because my son is gluten free. They taste amazing by the way. I also put a little lemon zest on top. Then I just popped them in the oven at 400 degrees.
Quick & Easy Oven Baked Flounder
- 6-8 flounder fillets
- 1 ½ cups seasoned bread crumbs Use Rice Chex for Gluten Free
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Lemon zest optional
- salt & pepper
- 2 lemons - quartered for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and place the oven rack a little higher than center.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil in a 13x9 pan. Place the flounder fillets in the pan.
- Top each fillet with seasoned bread crumbs patting them into the top of each fillet. Lightly drizzle the fillets with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15-18 minutes.Gluten Free
- If you use the rice chex for bread crumbs, crush them finely in the food processor. Add about 1 tsp of garlic salt for each cup of crumbs. Make the best seasoned bread crumbs around!