It doesn’t get much better than this Pioneer Woman’s Mac & Cheese Recipe!! This is the best ever Mac & Cheese! You have to try it at least once!
I would love to take credit for this recipe! It has been made in my house nothing short of gazillion times! I have walked many miles on the treadmill just so I could enjoy a big creamy bowl of THE BEST EVER Mac & Cheese. This is simply the best you will ever make; Pioneer Woman’s Mac & Cheese
I have tried many Mac & Cheese Recipes. I will save you the effort and the ingredients. Just print this one, Duct tape it to the fridge, and you are good to go.
Need a dish to take to a potluck? DONE
Need a side dish for dinner? DONE
Kids hungry? DONE
Need to leave something in the fridge for the hubby to reheat? DONE
Just having a HUGE cheese craving? DONE
Pioneer Woman’s Mac & Cheese
Pioneer Woman's Mac & Cheese
- 4 cups Dried Macaroni
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 Stick Or 4 Tablespoons) Butter
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons (heaping) Dry Mustard, More If Desired
- 1 pound Cheddar /Jack Cheese Mix, Grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt, More To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Optional Spices: Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Thyme
- Cook macaroni until very firm. Macaroni should be too firm to eat right out of the pot. Drain.
- In a small bowl, beat egg.
- In a large pot, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook mixture for five minutes, whisking constantly. Don’t let it burn.
- Pour in milk, add mustard, and whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes until very thick. Reduce heat to low.
- Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking eggs. Whisk together till smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth.
- Add in cheese and stir to melt.
- Add salt and pepper. Taste sauce and add more salt and seasoned salt as needed! DO NOT UNDERSALT.
- Pour in drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately (very creamy) or pour into a buttered baking dish, top with extra cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until bubbly and golden on top.
Love Mac & Cheese?
Try these Mac & Cheese Muffins