These just bring a smile to your face. Who doesn’t love waffles? And then, turn them into a rainbow. Well that just makes them the most awesome waffles EVER! How cute are these Rainbow Waffles?
They are super easy to make too! I just used my regular Waffle Mix, you can even use gluten free mix too! Then I separated it into 6 small bowls and mixed in the food coloring.
This is the tricky part. Start pouring in the waffle batter in the order you want your colors to appear. Remember to pour enough. Then close, lock and flip your waffle iron. This Waffle Iron is about the coolest thing ever!
Do you know how many things you can make in a waffle iron? So far my kids are addicted to brownie waffles. I am pretty sure it is because they go from mix to waffles in about 5 minutes.
- Pancake/Waffle Mix (Prepared according to package)
- Food Coloring
- Small Bowls
- Waffle Iron
- Prepare waffle mix according to package.
- Divide prepared mix into 6 small bowls and color accordingly with food coloring.
- Fill your heated waffle maker with the waffle batter. Place the colors in the way you want them layered in your rainbow. Close and let bake.
- When done serve with whipped cream clouds!
Once they are done just decorate with some whipped cream clouds. HEAVENLY!
My youngest thought that it was even more heavenly with bacon coming out of the rainbow. I have to agree that the bacon adds an extra layer of deliciousness! These Rainbow Waffles are amazing to brighten anyone’s day or to celebrate St Patrick’s.
But let’s be honest….do we really need a special occasion to have a Rainbow Waffle?
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.