A perfect summer side dish. This flavorful Greek Pasta Salad Recipe is a filling dish that everyone will love.
A summer get together on the patio with friends is just what the doctor ordered, or maybe you are just looking for a flavorful side dish or meal that won’t heat up the kitchen. Either way, this delicious and simple Greek Pasta Salad recipe is a perfect choice. All of the full greek flavors come together beautifully to create a one of a kind dish that will please a crowd.
Turn it into a Meal
This salad is an excellent side dish, but it is just as delicious turned into a quick and easy meal; especially on a hot day. Make this pasta salad following the recipe but mix in some diced cooked chicken breast. I have even cut up some rotisserie chicken and used it in this recipe too. Adds some great flavor and protein to an already wonderful dish.
Planning a gettogether? Prep ahead. Make this pasta salad and place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours before serving. The flavors actually have more time to absorb and marry together when this dish is prepped ahead, making it perfect for any occasion.
Vegan Greek Pasta Salad
Turning this pasta salad into a vegan dish is super simple. Start with using a Vegan Greek Dressing or just make your own using this simple homemade Greek Salad Dressing Recipe. The only other change that needs to be made is eliminating the feta cheese. There are actually some delicious vegan cheese options in stores now. If you have a Whole Foods or other health food store nearby you should head in and check them out.
Making this a Gluten-Free Greek Pasta Salad is super simple. Just substitute in a gluten-free penne pasta for the noodles. Also, make sure your other ingredients like your dressing are gluten-free as well.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 8 oz Mostaccioli noodles (or Penne )
- 1/2 cup Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced, drained)
- 1 cup green olives (drained)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled )
- 1/4 cup red onions (diced)
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Stir in the noodles and let cook until al dente.
- Strain your noodles, ice, and strain again.
- Mix in your salad dressing.
- Mix In the rest of your ingredients one at a time: tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and red onions.
- Chill and serve.
- Use a portion of gluten-free pasta and double-check your other ingredients to make sure they are also gluten-free.
- Make this salad without the feta also, use a vegan dressing. Try this Homemade Greek Dressing Recipe. It's great!
Meal OptionTurn this side dish into a meal by mixing in some diced cooked chicken.
More Pasta Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad Recipe
- Simple Baked Penne Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.