This post is sponsored by Aidells. The recipe, thoughts, and opinions are all my own.
Dinner sneaks up on us at my house. I can be prepared, I can have a plan, and inevitably the universe throws a wrench in my day and I am scrambling to get something healthy on the table. Days like that, I am happy when I open my fridge and see Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage, because I know I can make this Chicken & Apple Sausage Pasta in just minutes!
I was at Publix earlier in the week and grabbed the Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage along with a few other items. If you shop at Publix you can snag Aidells® Sausage 2 for $10 in from 3/17 – 3/25 (2016). I love this recipe because you only need a handful of items and a few minutes for a terrific dinner. Bring sausage to the dinner table on those weeknights when you just don’t have a lot of time!
I love Aidells® so much!! Not only are they are Gluten Free, and contain No Nitrites. They have so many unique flavors and their sausage is hand-crafted. Plus, they are fully cooked, so it cuts back on the time that you are spending in the kitchen! You have to love an all natural product like that!
In a skillet place some olive oil, onions, garlic, and apples. Saute for about 4-5 minutes over medium heat. While they are sautéing put your pasta on to boil.
Add in the sliced sausage and brown with the onions. That should take about another 4-5 minutes.
Last but certainly not least, mix in the baby spinach. This takes less than 2 minutes to cook down and wilt into your skillet. It looks like a lot at first, but trust me. It will cook down. Plus it picks up all of the yummy flavors that are floating around in your skillet.
Drain your pasta and put it in a large bowl. Mix in everything from the skillet. Toss to distribute all the yumminess. Serve. You can top with some parmesan cheese if you want.
- 1 Package Aidells® Chicken Apple Sausage
- 16 oz package of pasta (cooked)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil to cook pasta.
- While the water is heating, saute garlic, onion, and apple in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sliced Aidells® Chicken Apple Sausage to skillet with onions and brown for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Finally add the baby spinach. It will cook down, wilt, quickly. About 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Toss pasta with everything from the skillet (Sausage, spinach, onion, etc)
- Spoon into bowls and serve.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.