All of the flavors of a traditional Mexican street corn in a delicious easy to make side dish! Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is an amazing side to some carnitas.
Summer is coming, and Taco Tuesday lives on! If you are in the mood for some delicious Mexican Food with a twist this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is a recipe that you won’t want to miss out on! All of the flavors of Mexican Street Corn come together in this delicious side dish that is packed with a punch for your taste buds.
What is Mexican Street Corn?
Before we go any further someone is going to want to know, What is Mexican Street corn? Am I right? Mexican street corn (Elotes) is grilled corn on the cob, covered in a creamy chili lime dressing and cotija cheese. It is traditionally sold by vendors on the street. Think New York Hot Dogs; except Mexican Street Corn has a lot more flavor!
Can I Make this Gluten Free?
YES! Anytime you see any pasta salad or macaroni salad recipe just replace the pasta with certified gluten free pasta. As long as all of the other ingredients are gluten-free, you are good to go. In this recipe, they are so…WINNING!
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad DINNER!
All of the tastes and flavors in this side dish play so nicely off of each other, but you can also easily turn this into a dinner! Snag a rotisserie chicken at the store or use some leftover cooked chicken breasts. Chop it up and toss in the diced cooked chicken with the Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad. BOOM…DINNER! You may want to make a little extra sauce to coat the chicken but talk about a tasty dinner option.
Spicy Lime Mayo
Let’s talk sauce for a minute. Obviously, this is one of the big tickets to flavor-town in this recipe. This spicy lime mayo that is the dressing for our pasta salad is INCREDIBLE. Don’t let this recipe limit you. Make this stuff and use it as a dip for your carnitas, add it to tacos, get creative. What I am saying is, it is easy to make and really good. Go make some.
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- 2 cans corn (15oz) drained
- 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- ¼ cup red onion
- ⅓ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds and stems removed, minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup queso fresco cheese crumbled
- 1 large avocado seed removed, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 Pinch cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a medium pot of water and cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse in a colander under cold water. Set colander over a bowl and allow the pasta to continue to drip dry while preparing next steps.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. After skillet is completely heated through (about 5 minutes), add half of the corn so it’s in a single layer. Allow it to slightly char, about 5 minutes. Then, brown the remainder using the same process.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and combined. Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- In a large bowl, add cooled and dry pasta, charred corn, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, tomatoes, black beans, cheese and fresh avocado. Pour on dressing and toss to combine. Immediately serve.
- Use a certified gluten free pasta.