A fun and yummy summer snack! Before you go out on a hike or to the park try this Simple S'Mores Snack Mix Recipe for a tasty treat!
I am not ready for Summer to be over, and I know the kids aren't. BUT....it is time. In a few days, the kids will be heading back to school and making new friends.
The only thing......
It's still Summer...Technically.
The season doesn't end just because the school district's calendar starts early. The days are still long, the sun is still strong, and there is plenty of time to be a kid after the bell rings. I want my kids to slow down and still take time to be a kid. There will be plenty of time for hurrying things along when they get older.
So, I decided to make this Simple S'mores Snack Mix to slip into their lunchbox to trigger those fun Summer memories, even though they are at school.
This is so so SIMPLE! You can whip it up in minutes and bag it for snacks and the lunch box. It is also excellent sprinkled on some ice cream...I won't tell you how I figured that out. Let us just say it is AWESOME!
Simple S'Mores Snack Mix
- 4 Cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chip
- In a large bowl mix Golden Grahams Cereal, mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
- Spread the mix on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the other 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minutes at 50% power. Stir. Microwave again at 50% power for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix. Repeat with the white chocolate. Cool and enjoy.