This post may contain affiliate links.
I love finding new ways to kick dinner up a notch. There are only so many times I can serve regular ole’ french fries as a side in a week. I am pretty sure my kids could just eat the fries by themselves for dinner at this point and be happy.
ME on the other hand…well, I like to mix it up a bit. So this week instead of just having fries I made these Kickin Potato Wedges. Basically they are a fancy baked potato wedge with just the right amount of seasoning and olive oil drizzled on them to make them amazing. I was careful not to tell them that they weren’t officially french fries. I just sat back and watched!
The Verdict? An empty plate.
And then they started circling….
They were looking on the stove, in the oven, and on the counters.
Hey, Mom….are there any more of those french fry things??
HA! I have won! When I told them that they weren’t fried they were SHOCKED! And then they asked if I would make them again tomorrow! 😉
Kickin' Potato Wedges
- 2½ - 3 pounds potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the potato wedges in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil over them and add the spices. Dig in with your hands and mix well. Making sure each potato is covered in oil an spice.
- Dump the potatoes and any oil in the bowl onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Spreading them out into a single layer.
- The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I baked mine for 30 minutes. Just keep an eye on them. You may have to flip them about 20 minutes into baking.
- Let them sit for about 5 minutes and serve.