Chicken for dinner doesn’t need to be boring! This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Recipe is easy to make and so tasty the whole family will love it!
I have been trying to spice up our weekly menu plan. I made this Jalapeno Popper Chicken a couple weeks ago for dinner and it flew off the plates. The entire family loved it so much I added it into our regular rotation and decided I would share it with you.
Now you may remember that I live in a house with enough dietary restrictions to make your head spin. LOL Thank goodness that this recipe is flexible enough to be gluten-free and I can make a dairy free version! YES, even with all the cheese and cream cheese.
Dairy Free Version
Thank you modern day grocery stores with all of your options. I made two casserole dishes. One with the dairy full version and one with a dairy-free version. I used Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese and Daiya Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese Shreds for the dairy-free version. My daughters were hovering asking if there was more, so it was a winner!
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Chicken
The steps couldn’t be easier! You can use regular boneless skinless chicken breast and for a better chicken to topping ratio I recommend you pound them flat or butterfly them.
Mix up the cream cheese mixtures and spread it on top. Then just sprinkle on the extra cheese and seasoned crumbs.
Bake at 425 for 40 minutes and enjoy!
I think I am in love with this recipe so much because it takes only minutes to throw together and even with making 2 versions I am out of the kitchen super fast. But the flavor!!! The flavor of this chicken when it is done is where it is at!
This chicken is just plain happy to be eaten! Did I mention there are bits of bacon in there? Yep…bacon.
So the next time you are wondering what on earth you are going to make with boneless skinless chicken breasts, pull out this recipe. You can thank me later. It is definitely a keeper!
TIP! By the way…a little tip. You can add the jalapeno in last, especially if you are serving kids. I actually omitted the majority of the Jalapeno from my youngest daughter’s dinner because she doesn’t like spicy things. This recipe is very easy to modify!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into cutlets)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (or Monterey jack cheese blend)
- 4 pieces bacon (cooked and diced)
- 2 jalapenos (deseeded, chopped)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayo, bacon, and jalapenos until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the chicken and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 40 -45 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temp of the chicken is 165 degrees F
- Serve and enjoy
- Use a gluten-free bread crumb. I prefer to crush gluten-free rice squares cereal and add a little garlic salt for seasoning. These make an excellent "bread crumb".
- It is possible to make this dairy free by substituting dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free cheddar cheese.
More Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- Balsamic Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Kabobs
- Lemon Turmeric Skillet Chicken Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.