Memorial Day weekend is almost here and backyard BBQs will be everywhere. If you want to wow your guests with an appetizer that will impress, I have a recipe for you. A certain hubby of mine loves those Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers that you can get at certain restaurants.
These simple appetizers call for only 3 ingredients, are easy to put together, and a fraction of the price. Did I mention that they even taste better?! You could even pop these bad boys on the grill instead of in the oven if you are already grilling!
- 20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
- 2 - 8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 pound Thin(regular) Bacon, Sliced Into Thirds
- Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane (the source of the heat; leave a little if you like things HOT).
- Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice). Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.
- Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off.
- Serve immediately, or they’re also great at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
- Gluten Free…They already are
- Place in pan on grill instead of in oven.
- Fill and wrap these ahead of time so that you only have to pop them in the oven for the party!