Memorial Day weekend is almost here and backyard BBQs will be everywhere. If you want to wow your guests with an appetizer that will impress, I have a recipe for you. A certain hubby of mine loves those Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers that you can get at certain restaurants.
These simple appetizers call for only 3 ingredients, are easy to put together, and a fraction of the price. Did I mention that they even taste better?! You could even pop these bad boys on the grill instead of in the oven if you are already grilling!
Stuffed JalapenosPrint Recipe
- 20 whole Fresh Jalapenos 2-3 Inches In Size
- 2 - 8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 pound Thin regular Bacon, Sliced Into Thirds
- Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane (the source of the heat; leave a little if you like things HOT).
- Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice). Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.
- Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off.
- Serve immediately, or they’re also great at room temperature.
- Gluten Free…They already are
- Place in pan on grill instead of in oven.
- Fill and wrap these ahead of time so that you only have to pop them in the oven for the party!
For something a little easier, substitute the cream cheese for Kraft can cheese, the squirt kind. Cook your jalapeno and bacon, then squirt the cheese in them while they are still hot. YUM!
Do you recommend putting the toothpick through the whole thing while it’s cooking?