This post may contain affiliate links.
Everybody deserves a fun, colorful, soft, chewy cookie in their lives! Try this easy Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies Recipe. Make them dairy free and egg free too!
Nothing says fun or parties like a funfetti cake or cookie! Those colorful sprinkles everywhere make everything more exciting. These Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies are one of the chewiest, tastiest gluten free cookies I have ever tried. They are just perfect for any celebration!
First of all start to finish this dough was done in under 5 minutes. When you mix this cookie batter up, it is going to be a little thicker than some cookie doughs. To me, it has the consistency of a store bought a roll of cookie dough. It also has a great consistency to go with a spoon and into my mouth….just saying.
I do get asked a lot about which gluten-free flour mix I use. You can’t go wrong with this Live Gfree Pancake & Baking mix from Aldi. I use this in place of regular flour in so many recipes, and it always turns out fantastic. I choose to use it because it already has the xanthin gum and a perfect mix of flours to give a great consistency.
If you don’t have an Aldi close by you can try using Gluten Free Bisquick or another brand of gluten free baking mix. I have had better luck substituting baking mixes than I have just plain gluten-free flours in traditional recipes.
This Gluten Free Funfetti Cookie dough has to be chilled before baking. Now, you can do it the long way in the fridge for a couple of hours, or you can do it the easy way which is what I did. Just pre-scoop the dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and pop those suckers into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
If you are wondering how all of my cookies are the same size, I use a cookie scoop. Seriously, the best investment you can make if you love to bake! In hindsight, I should have rolled the dough balls in my hand to smooth them out. Rolling them in my hands would have probably given the cookies a smoother top, but they are still AMAZING.
Oh, at this point if you feel like you are mising out on some sprinkles you can add a few more to the top of your dough balls before they hit the fridge/freezer.
When you are ready to bake, spread your dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 – 13 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. Let them cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before removing.
The final result is this perfectly chewy, happy Gluten-Free Funfetti Cookie that anyone would love to eat!
Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies
Everybody deserves a fun colorful, soft chewy cookie in their lives! Try this easy Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies Recipe. It can be made dairy free and egg free too!
- 1/2 cup Butter softened or dairy free margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sprinkles
- In the bowl of your mixer beat together butter or margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Finally mix in all the dry ingredients except for the sprinkles. Mix until the dough comes together. Once combined fold in the sprinkles.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 1 tbsp size cookie balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer for 15 - 3o mins or in the fridge for at least 2 hours before baking. This not only helps the cookie keep its shape but also with the texture of the baked cookie.
- When ready preheat oven to 350 and bake chilled cookie dough for 12-13 minutes. The cookies will appear very soft in the centers. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes and move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies stay soft & fresh for up to 1 week at room temperature.
- Use a dairy free butter substitute or Butter Flavored Crisco Sticks for baking.
- You can use an egg replacer or flax egg for this recipe with no problems.
- These cookies freeze well. Cookies may be rolled into balls and frozen up to 3 months to bake at a later date. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Do you love funfetti as much as I do?
Check out this easy Homemade Funfetti Cake Mix that can be made Gluten Free!