Everybody deserves a fun, colorful, soft, chewy cookie in their lives! Try this easy Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies Recipe. Make them dairy free and egg free too!
Nothing says fun or parties like a funfetti cake or cookie! Those colorful sprinkles everywhere make everything more exciting. These Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies are one of the chewiest, tastiest gluten free cookies I have ever tried. They are just perfect for any celebration!
First of all start to finish this dough was done in under 5 minutes. When you mix this cookie batter up, it is going to be a little thicker than some cookie doughs. To me, it has the consistency of a store bought a roll of cookie dough. It also has a great consistency to go with a spoon and into my mouth....just saying.
I do get asked a lot about which gluten-free flour mix I use. You can't go wrong with this Live Gfree Pancake & Baking mix from Aldi. I use this in place of regular flour in so many recipes, and it always turns out fantastic. I choose to use it because it already has the xanthan gum and a perfect mix of flours to give great consistency.
If you don't have an Aldi close by you can try using Gluten Free Bisquick or another brand of gluten-free baking mix. I have had better luck substituting baking mixes than I have just plain gluten-free flours in traditional recipes.
This Gluten Free Funfetti Cookie dough has to be chilled before baking. Now, you can do it the long way in the fridge for a couple of hours, or you can do it the easy way which is what I did. Just pre-scoop the dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and pop those suckers into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
If you are wondering how all of my cookies are the same size, I use a cookie scoop. Seriously, the best investment you can make if you love to bake! In hindsight, I should have rolled the dough balls in my hand to smooth them out. Rolling them in my hands would have probably given the cookies a smoother top, but they are still AMAZING.
Oh, at this point if you feel like you are missing out on some sprinkles you can add a few more to the top of your dough balls before they hit the fridge/freezer.
When you are ready to bake, spread your dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 - 13 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. Let them cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before removing.
The final result is this perfectly chewy, happy Gluten-Free Funfetti Cookie that anyone would love to eat!
Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies
- In the bowl of your mixer beat together butter or margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Finally mix in all the dry ingredients except for the sprinkles. Mix until the dough comes together. Once combined fold in the sprinkles.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 1 tbsp size cookie balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer for 15 - 3o mins or in the fridge for at least 2 hours before baking. This not only helps the cookie keep its shape but also with the texture of the baked cookie.
- When ready preheat oven to 350 and bake chilled cookie dough for 12-13 minutes. The cookies will appear very soft in the centers. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes and move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies stay soft & fresh for up to 1 week at room temperature.
- Use a dairy free butter substitute or Butter Flavored Crisco Sticks for baking.
- You can use an egg replacer or flax egg for this recipe with no problems.
- These cookies freeze well. Cookies may be rolled into balls and frozen up to 3 months to bake at a later date. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
More Funfetti Fun
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.