Choose the flavors you love and make your own Homemade Oatmeal Packets. Great if you have food restrictions like gluten free and dairy free!
I am all for convenience. I have a ton of stuff to squeeze in a day, and waiting on my kids every craving isn’t exactly my idea of fun. As my kids get older, I see why people say that their’s are eating them out of house and home. I am still trying to figure out where they put it all. My kids love oatmeal and these Homemade Oatmeal Packets are so convenient!
Unfortunately, I can not buy those pre-packaged instant oatmeal packets. They contain both Gluten and Dairy which are no-nos in my kitchen. My kids love oatmeal for breakfast. So, we have found a way to make homemade oatmeal packets, and still, keep them fun and tasty. The bonus is these don’t have all those added chemicals and ingredients of store-bought packets.
Homemade Oatmeal Packets are so easy to make that the kids can do it all by themselves. They love personalizing their oatmeal packs. Great idea for a lazy Summer Afternoon, and then breakfast is ready for weeks to come!
Homemade Oatmeal Packets
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
Yield 10 -12
Super easy homemade instant oatmeal packets put boxed packets to shame!
- 3 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- In a food processor pulse 1 cup of oats until coarse powder.
- Mix powder oats with whole oats and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in your flavor options...listed below.
- Place 1/3 Cup Oatmeal Mix in each ziploc bag or single serve container.
- To serve: Empty packet into a bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water or hot milk. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes.
- For thicker oatmeal, use less liquid - for thinner oatmeal, use more liquid.
Make sure you buy Certified Gluten Free Oats.
Do not use powdered milk option. Use Milk alternative as a liquid for creamy oatmeal.
Mixins (Customize it to your taste)
- Any Type of Dried Fruit
- Powdered Milk (for a creamy taste)
- Pop Rocks (Fun Exploding Oatmeal)
- Chocolate Chips
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.