I love to feed my kids healthy snacks that they don’t know are healthy. I am kinda sneaky that way. They have hit that stage of childhood where they eat …constantly. I am not sure how their metabolism works, but I wish mine was on overdrive like theirs is.
One of their favorite snack is chips (any kind); Plain, with dip, with salsa…you name it. I decided to see what they would do with Hummus, but it is kinda of expensive for the pre-made dip. So I made my own. It was a huge it, and great for dipping veggies too!
Homemade Hummus Dip
A quick and easy homemade Hummus dip that the whole family will love!
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 Can drained Garbanzo Beans
- up to 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Mince garlic in blender or food processor.
- Blend in beans, adding water in small amounts, until pureed (may not use all of water).
- Add tahini, lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, and salt.
- Add more water if needed, for desired consistency.
- Place in serving dish; then drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika.
Courses appetizer, side dish, gluten free, dairy free
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.