I am a DIYer. If I can do it or make it myself I like to. I like to know what I am feeding my kids and my family. This recipe recently came about because of my obsessive label reading. I have to because of my children’s’ intolerances.
Did you know that some Taco and Fajita seasonings contain wheat? Not only wheat but silica. What is silica??? SAND! Seriously! SAND! I don’t know about you, but I like my tacos sand-less.
I decided then and there to make my own taco seasoning from now on. I mean it is easy enough, I can make it ahead in bulk, and I can tweak it to my families tastes. It is affordable, and there really isn’t a reason not to. Hope you enjoy making your own taco seasoning too!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use as you typically would a packet of taco seasoning.
- About 3 Tbsp per 1lb ground beef +- depending on your taste.
- Multiply the amounts to make this in bulk for future meals.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
- Find affordable seasonings at the Dollar Store, or in the Hispanic section of your grocery store. I don’t know why that makes them less expensive, but it works.
- Make this recipe in bulk and store it in an airtight container for quick dinners.
- Use this seasoning for other items like fajitas, nachos, chicken, and more.