An insanely simple appetizer recipe that is sure to fly off of the plate! This easy Creamy Spinach Pinwheels Recipe is a winner!
I originally posted this recipe in September of 2010. I had been blogging for only one year and it had already changed the way I did things. It never ceases to amaze me how my decision to share recipes and money saving tips to others led me down this path of owning my own small business! Crazy but true. It is all thanks to amazing recipes like these delicious Creamy Spinach Pinwheels.
This recipe originally came out of one of my old cookbooks. You know, those things we kept around long before pinterest was even a thing. LOL I used to make them with cresent rolls (which you can still totally do), but now we have upgraded to puff pastry dough and I love them that much more now.
These are, oh so, perfect for the holidays and terrific for game day! I love appetizers like this where you can throw them together in just minutes! Just bake them up and put them on a tray for a delicious, quick appetizer.
Creamy Spinach Pinwheels
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, drained spinach, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper.
Take out your thawed puff pastry dough. There will be 2 sheets and you are going to use them both. Unfold it and spread ½ of the spinach mixture over the dough leaving ¼ inch around the edge.
Roll up your dough pinwheel style and slice into pieces about ¾ of an inch thick. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Do the same with the second piece of dough. This recipe makes 24-30 appetizers depending on size. Which is perfect for any party!
I can tell you that these are amazing. My kids love them, my hubby devours them, and everyone asks for the recipe. These would be the hit of the party at any event!
You can even make these with crescent roll dough, the instructions for that is included with the recipe below.
Creamy Spinach Pinwheels
- 1 pkg Puff Pastry Dough thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 12 oz frozen spinach defrosted and drained
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- ¼ cup parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, drained/defrosted spinach, garlic, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Unfold your thawed puff pastry dough. You are going to use both pieces in the package.
- Spread ½ of the spinach mixture over the dough leaving ¼ inch around the edge.
- Roll the dough into pinwheels, and slice into pieces ¾ inch thick.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do the same with the second piece of dough.
- Recipe makes 24-30 appetizers depending on size
Crescent Dough Directions
- You could use crescent roll dough instead. Roll out the dough and press seams together. Spread the filling on the dough and roll up in the same way as listed above. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. ENJOY!
Check out my full list of Appetizer Recipes here
Originally published in September 2010, post updated December 2018.